May 13, 2005. A particularly poorly lit, high noise shot taken—where else?—in my bathroom mirror with my first digital SLR, my old Nikon D70. A few things come to mind when I look at this shot:
1. I was still employed with Simple Scrapbooks magazine (RIP).
2. I didn't need to wear glasses all the time to function.
3. I still was knocking back a pack of smokes daily, in secret.
4. We still had our beloved foil bamboo patterned wall paper, and the reason I was taking this shot was because this was the day the wall paper was coming down.
5. I got really sick of the wallpaper removal project and it stalled for about three years until we finally broke down and hired a dude for real cheap-like to remove it for us.
This has been another riveting installment of "This Day in Zielske History."